"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."
This Nelson Mandela quote is widely shared by teachers, often as a poster in their classroom or a quote they share personally on Facebook. When you think about this passage and the impact that you can have by choosing a career as an educator, it's inspiring.
It's no wonder that we see so many GSC students drawn to this profession and it's consistently one of our top areas of study!
There are many students who have always known that they were meant to teach, as well as others who make a career change to education after working in a different field.
Paula came to GSC after working in science labs - she had always regretted not pursuing a career as a teacher. She found a GSC Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Certification and used it to help guide her career transition.
For Heather, it was important for her to be there for her kids as a stay at home mother, putting her dream of becoming a teacher on the back burner. When it was time to finish her degree she was apprehensive at first. After helping her son complete his college applications, she was unsure of how to approach the process as an adult student.
Kayt had a serious illness in high school and began college a few years after her peers. GSC not only offered the education program she wanted to study, but the flexible options let her manage her illness and balance her coursework.
No matter what sparks your interest in teaching, a solid college education is key and there are several ways that you can gain these qualifications. The School of Education is hitting the road this Spring with 18 Information Sessions at NINE LOCATIONS in New Hampshire.
If you want to know how to become a teacher in NH, these sessions will help you get on the right track!
- Jan. 7th - Portsmouth, 3:30 - 5 p.m.
- Apr. 7th - Portsmouth, 3:30 - 5 p.m.
- Jan. 14th - Nashua Community College, 3:30 - 5 p.m.
- Apr. 14th - Nashua Community College, 3:30 - 5 p.m.
- Jan. 21st - Conway, 3:30 - 5 p.m.
- Apr. 14th - Conway, 3:30 - 5 p.m.
- Jan. 28th - Mancheser, 3:30 - 5 p.m.
- Apr. 28th - Mancheser, 3:30 - 5 p.m.
- Feb. 4th - Rochester, 3:30 - 5 p.m.
- May 5th - Rochester, 3:30 - 5 p.m.
- Feb. 11th - Claremont, 3:30 - 5 p.m.
- May. 19th - Claremont, 3:30 - 5 p.m.
- Feb. 18th - Littleton, 3:30 - 5 p.m.
- May 26th - Littleton, 3:30 - 5 p.m.
- Feb. 22nd - Lebanon, 3:30 - 5 p.m.
- May 23rd - Lebanon, 3:30 - 5 p.m.
- Feb 16th - Concord, 3:30 - 5 p.m.
- June 1st - Concord, 3:30 - 5 p.m.
Email email@example.com to RSVP or inquire below to begin a conversation to learn more about our programs!